Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
16 April 2014

1891 – Railway Station, Bundoran, Co. Donegal

The railway opened in 1886 for the Enniskillen and Bundoran Railway and taken over by the Great Northern Railway in 1876. This station was erected in 1891 to replace an old wooden structure....

16 April 2014

1910 – Ulster Dairy School, Loughry, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William A. Scott Founded in 1910 as the Ulster Dairy School, and now part of the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise. The college took over the Loughry Manor estate, constructed...

16 April 2014

1891 – Railway Station, Newtownstewart, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William H. Mills Closed in February 1965, it was opened by the Londonderry and Enniskillen Railway in May 1852. It was taken over by the Great Northern Railway in 1883. The GNR...

15 April 2014

1868 – Violet Hill, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: William Fogerty A medium sized country house, originally finished in brick, and now rendered and painted. The stables and part of the house have been converted into apartments. For a time in...

14 April 2014

1876 – Killynether House, Comber, Co. Down

Architect: Henry Chappell Constructed as part of the Marquis of Londonderry’s estate and extended and remodelled in the early 1870s. Demolished in the 1960s by the National Trust after being used as a...

14 April 2014

1880s – Boland’s Bakery, 9 Georges St., Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

One of the Boland’s retail shops around Dublin, this shop on George’s Street was a fine Victorian building, with ornate stucco and shopfront. Boland’s had several bakeries in the city as well as...

14 April 2014

1880 – Boland’s Bakery, 14 Cumberland St., Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Boland’s Bakey at one time had a network or shops as well as bakeries around Dublin. There was two outlets in Dun Laoghaire, then Kingstown, and what was described as a “model bakery”....

14 April 2014

1880 – Cardiff Free Library & School of Art

Architect: J.H. Brett Submission for architectural competition to design a new central library for Cardiff. Submitted by Dublin architect J.H. Brett, the winning design was by architects James, Seward and Thomas,and was erected...

12 April 2014

1876 – Laurence Egan’s, 87 North King Street, Dublin

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne This fine Victorian commercial premises still stands on North King Street, although hardly recognisable underneath modern signage, shop fronts and garish paint. The doorway to the right of the...